We rely on donations from people like you!
RAISE $20,000 WITH US BEFORE THE NEW YEAR!
Rooted in community, our movement is flourishing. Thank you for showing up again and again, for accompanying our members to court, and for sharing rides. Thank you for standing out in the cold at our actions and walking through the rain at our Jericho walks. With your support, together we’ve become more united and powerful. In the past year, we’ve:
• Hired 2 new organizers to expand our base and continue deepening our work.
• Supported several worker-led campaigns for long term change, passing a new wage theft ordinance in Springfield and new municipal commitments in Northampton to protect immigrants and workers.
• Engaged in national organizing campaigns for TPS and DACA protections, and led much of the statewide organizing for Safe Communities legislation.
• Strengthened the organizing infrastructure throughout our region.
Despite this amazing growth, we are still just a small team fighting enormous injustice. The problems facing workers are growing, and state violence looms larger than it has in decades. Immigrant arrests have skyrocketed, and our members are being targeted by local police. Employers are emboldened to abuse their employees with impunity.
Together, we will keep on fighting for a world free of exploitation and oppression; a world without capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy, imperialism, and environmental destruction. In order to sustain our work and win bigger victories, we need you to stick with us and stay involved. Over half of our income comes from individual donors--and we need you to keep growing. Support us today!
Sustain us by giving monthly
The Worker Center depends on people like you keep us running. We ask that all members of Sanctuary in The Streets consider becoming monthly Sustainers or making yearly pledges to support our work. Anything you can give goes a long way here. We are grateful to those who pledge $4/month, to those who give $40 a year and to those whose gifts are much larger or in between.
Until 2018, we ran the workers centers with a team of 5 on less than 70 paid hours a week. Now, we are a collective of 6 working 140 paid hours a week (and much more), coordinating the people power of thousands.
Sustain our work. Just check “Make this a recurring donation”.
We are now our own 501(c)(3)! All donations are tax-deductible.
Your Gift Makes an Impact!
$10 "Know Your Rights" booklets for five workers
$25 Supports a farmworker organizer doing outreach across valley
$50 Funds a worker reclaiming wages stolen by a dishonest employer
$100 Supports immigrant and worker-led Know Your Rights training for 20 workers
$500 Pays the monthly stipend of one of our Worker Leader Fellow
Money is just one way to give--and we recognize that many people don't have much of it to spare. There are many other ways to support our work.
We hate asking people for money and are always trying to think of creative ways to cover our expenses. Do you know any caterers or restaurant owners that might be willing to donate food for our Worker Committee meetings? Do you know any carpenters who might be open to building some shelves in our office? Hook us up!
Donate in-kind gifts from our wishlist below:
- Paper! We can always use regular old packets of paper for printing
- Giant dry erase board
- A locking filing cabinet in good condition
- Compost and straw for our Worker Comité Community Garden plot
- Are you an experienced English teachers who could tutor our monolingual members or maybe teach classes?
- Are you a graphic designer who can donate some time?
- Are you an artist who wants to brainstorm with us about creative projects that could help spread the word about our work ? (We always need flyers made and have wanted to do some bigger projects like mural-making for a long time.)
If you have any of these items to give or have questions about other potential in-kind gifts, please use our contact form.